Why become a NECTAR member?
- you become member of an active multidisciplinary research community in the field of transport, networks, accessibililty and communications research;
- you can participate in NECTAR workshops and conferences at low lost. Usually, you need to cover only travel costs. Workshops and conference fees require no fees and no or few hotel costs;
- young researchers have reduced membership fees;
- get a 50% discount in ordering books from the NECTAR series.
To participate in a NECTAR workshop one needs to be a NECTAR member for at least the year that the workshop take place; to participate in the NECTAR international conference one needs to be a member for at least two consecutive years (including the year the conference takes place).
How to become a NECTAR member
You can renew your membership or become a NECTAR member by the following procedure:
- Send an email containing contact information (address, email, etc.), whether you are eligible for a discount (i.e., under the age of 30), and the type of membership (one or two years) to the NECTAR treasurer (who will put you on the NECTAR mailing list).
- Pay the membership fees.
The membership fees for 2019 are:
- €70 or, for those under the age of 30, €40 (year 2019)
- €130 or, for those under the age of 30, €70 (two years: 2019 and 2020)
Your membership can be paid in either of the following ways:
- Via the NECTAR bank account:
Account holder: Nectar Treasury
Account number: 5348284
Account holder address: NECTAR Treasury – Ruimtelijke Economie – VU, De Boelelaan 1105, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1102 BW Amsterdam
Please remember, when paying your membership fee by bank, to specify your name, affiliation, and the year(s) of membership desired.
- Via the online payment system Paypal, which allows for credit card payments.
If you have a PayPal account, you can directly make a payment for the required amount to me. If instead you would like to pay by credit card, please request a PayPal invoice (payment request) by emailing me.
Please do not hesitate to contact me concerning any question or problem related to the payment of the membership fees or other financial issues (for example, if you need an invoice).
With my best wishes,
Thomas de Graaff